With Heat Transfer Vinyl
To maintain a quality design on your garment, please wash inside-out in cold water with no bleach or liquid softener. Tumble-dry low or lay flat to dry. Iron inside-out. Please also follow washing and handling instructions on the garment.
With Sublimation Printing
Please follow washing and handling instructions on the garment. In items that are not 100% Polyester some of the stained print may washout with each wash. Items that are 90% Polyester and higher will maintain their brightness.
Mugs are dishwasher safe.
Cloth Mask Cover
Material: 100% Polyester front with design and trim. 100% cotton back, touching nose and mouth. Reusable 2-ply cloth face mask cover holds up to extended washes and wear. Wash to sanitize after wearing for cotton and polyester materials. Dry completely in dryer for form fit after each use. Individuals should be careful not to touch eyes, nose and mouth when removing face mask and wash hands immediately after removing.
Fold Over Mask Cover
Material: 100% Polyester. Wash to sanitize after wearing for polyester materials. Dry completely in dryer. Individuals should be careful not to touch eyes, nose and mouth when removing face mask and wash hands immediately after removing.
Material: 95% polyester, 5% elastane (fabric composition may vary by 1%). Wash to sanitize after wearing for polyester and elastane materials. Dry completely in dryer. Individuals should be careful not to touch eyes, nose and mouth when removing face mask and wash hands immediately after removing.
Ventilated Sport Face Masks
In order for any mask to perform to its maximum, it must be able to seal properly around the nose and mouth so that as much of the air that is being inhaled is actually passing through the filter. If is not passing through the filter, then no matter how effective the filter is, the user will still be inhaling filtered air. It is very important to press the nosepiece firmly to the nose bridge to form a good seal.
- With the nosepiece facing away from you, hold the ear loop strap in each hand with the nosepiece up.
- Position the respirator under the chin.
- Pull each strap over the ear. Adjust the straps as comfortable as possible.
- Place the fingertips of both hands at the tops of the nosepiece. Mold the nosepiece to the shape of the nose bridge by pushing inwards while moving your finger tips down both sides of the nosepiece with two hands. Pinching the nosepiece using only one hand may result in a less effective respirator fit.
Material: Nylon, Mesh and diving fabric. WASH BEFORE FIRST AND EVERY USE.
To disinfect the mesh mask material, please follow these instructions (note, these instructions pertain to ONLY the mesh mask, do not wet the valves or filters, as they are not washable):
- Wash your hands.
- Remove the valves from each side of the mask, which will allow you to remove the filters. Each of these is not washable.
- Discard the filter. Do not discard the valves, as you will be reusing them once the mask is dry.
- Fill a basin or sink with warm water, enough to fit the number of masks you are washing.
- Add into the basin or sink laundry detergent or a laundry-safe disinfecting agent, such as Pine-Sol. Mix to create soapy water.
- Add your mask without the valves or filter to the basin or sink.
- Allow to soak for at least 30 minutes.
- Wash hands.
- Remove mask(s) from basin or sink and ring out excess water.
- Dry on a line in direct sunlight for added disinfecting. You can allow to air dry inside, then leave outside in direct sunlight for about 30 minutes (on each side), which is enough to kill surface bacteria. Keep in mind that regular or extended time in the sun may cause mild fading.
- Wash hands before and after handling a clean and used mask to prevent infection of virus.
- Extensive washing and automatic drying of certain more delicate nylon items can lead to “piling” (i.e. annoying little nubs on the fabric). To avoid this, hand-wash, as described above, and drip dry when possible.
- When cleaning delicate nylon such as nylon mesh, always put the items in a mesh bag for machine washing or wash them by hand, as described above. Hang or lay flat to dry in direct sunlight.
DO NOT MICROWAVE. Microwaving will damage your mask. Prohibited to use by children under the age of three due to their low pulmonary activity.
For further reading, please see CDC Guidelines for Disinfection.
The effective working life of the mask filters depends on a number of factors, such as: the breathing rate of the user; ambient levels of pollution; the length of time the filter is actively working; hygiene levels. Taking these factors into consideration, we recommend that the filter should be replaced every month, whichever is sooner. If using during the COVID-19 outbreak, filter should be changed more often, up to daily if used all day every day.
To ensure good hygiene/care measures we suggest that you place the filter and valves in a pan of freshly boiled water (remove pan from heat source before putting filter in) and let the water cool down. Remove the filter unit from the water and allow to stand dry. This procedure will remove facial oils that may build up over a period of continuous use and will also remove some of the particulates and organic vapor that will be present within the Charcoal structure of the filter or tissue salt build in the valves. We do not suggest this method if being used for viral protection. We suggest replacing with a new filter.
The valves should need replacing on a regular basis assuming that they are maintained properly. On the valve, it is essential that you locate the two pins, nearest the hinge, properly into the body of the valve, and check that they are sealed properly.
Filters, valves, and valve casings can be purchased from Achy Smile Shop. Please contact us to re-order.
Please follow the care instructions that come with your new product. If there isn't instructions included, please contact us and we will provide you with safe handling information.